palm print dress worn 2 ways

Y’all I’m excited to say that this post is the first of many to come from a series that Amanda from For the Love of Glitter and I created called StyleXStyle. I think it’s far too often that we look at someone wearing an outfit and think that we could never wear it…the thing is yes you could! Maybe the exact way she’s wearing it might not look flattering on you but once you put your little spin on it, ugh it could be something amazing! SXS is a place where Amanda & I are going to take one piece (maybe more than one) and each style it in our own personal style as a way to show that there’s totally more than just one way to wear a garment and/or accessory. We’re going to do an SXS post at least once a month, maybe even more 😉 Let us know what y’all think of the series!

Both Amanda & I have StyleXStyle tabs on our blogs so you can easily browse!

DSC_0796 1

DSC_0804 1

DSC_0786 1

The perfect casual semi-dressed up summer outfit! This palm dress is so light and comfortable and these wedges (that I’ve been searching for since before summer hit, who knew it would be so hard to find a simple espadrille wedge?) Thank goodness the amazing salesman at Dillard’s (go Frank, you’re a life saver!) was able to order my size because every store I looked they were all sold out of these Michael Kors wedges.  I linked a few similar pairs for y’all since I had such a difficult finding my size.

DSC_0789 1

DSC_0801

DSC_0792

DSC_0820

Who’s ready to go grab dinner & go dancing?!! How stinking cute is this dress for a summer night out!? I know, it’s perfect! Even more perfect is the price.  It’s from Old Navy and under $30.  With all the one day sales they have I’m sure you could score it for even cheaper.

DSC_0821

As y’all can see, the dress has great movin’ and groovin’ ability… as we just twirl right into the next look.

DSC_0849

DSC_0852

DSC_0829

If you follow me on Instagram then you’ve already seen these adorable lace-ups I got for under $30, such a great steal!

Switching out of the wedges into these sandals completely changes the look, it now is more casual and more of a look that I would wear to lunch or out running errands.  Super comfy!

wedge // or here and here

palm print dress

lace-up sandals // or here and here

leopard clutch ( mine is a few years old) try this one or this one that’s under $40

reversible tote (mine is from SoBo) try here, here and here for great options too!

*detail note: not only did I add leopard to my first look, how could you miss that giant clutch, but I also have a little leopard in the second look.  The back of the sandals and just on the sides is a little touch of leopard. DSC_0843

To see how Amanda styled this palm print dress head to ForTheLoveofGlitter!

1. 6.1.16
    Joyce said:

Love the cute dress and your cute twirling photos! Seeing it styled in two ways is awesome too 🙂

Characters & Carry-ons

• 6.4.16
      Taylor said:

Thanks girl! It was honestly just a random moment where I was goofing off trying to loosen up but I’m so glad they were captured because I think they’re super fun! I hope you’ll check out more of our collabs, we plan on doing one each month! xo

2. 6.1.16
    MCKENNA said:

This is too cute! The print is perfect for the beach or a tropical vacay this summer! Love the pop of leopard with it! xo
    McKenna
    stylewaltz.com

• 6.4.16
      Taylor said:

Thanks love!! I love that the dress is super comfortable so it really is perfect for so many occasions!

3. 6.1.16
    Steph said:

I love that this dress can be worn so many ways, easy to dress up or down! Thank you for sharing.
    Steph

• 6.4.16
      Taylor said:

Thank you! I love having super versatile pieces! xo

4. 6.1.16

So fun to see this collaboration and how you both style it differently!

• 6.4.16
      Taylor said:

Thank you! I’m super excited about this collab! xo

5. 6.1.16
    Cara said:

so cute! I love how you paired it with the leopard clutch!!

• 6.4.16
      Taylor said:

Thank you! At first I thought it was too much but after seeing the pictures I’m obsessed! xo

6. 6.1.16
    Charlene said:

This dress is so stinking cute!! I love this new StyleXStyle feature you both are running!
    Charlene The Frugal Fashionista

• 6.4.16
      Taylor said:

Thank you! We thought it was something fun that people would really like! We’re looking to see if others want to get involved so let us know if you or anyone you know is interested! xo

7. 6.1.16

This is my favorite dress of yours that you’ve worn, it looks so amazing! I really want this dress too so I may be clicking on that link to get some xx Adaleta Avdic

• 6.4.16
      Taylor said:

Awe thanks love!! You would look amazing in it! Especially with your newest glowy summer makeup I recently saw!! xo

8. 6.1.16

So excited about our first collab! I love that you paired the leopard clutch with it! <3

xx,

• 6.4.16
      Taylor said:

Girl I’m so excited for all our future ones too!! xo

9. 6.2.16
    Tami said:

I’m looking forward to seeing how the two of you differ in wearing the same outfits. Sometimes I don’t like an outfit until I have seen it a second time.

• 6.4.16
      Taylor said:

This is the exact reason we wanted to start this collab because so many people love a dress or they hate it but never know if they could wear it so seeing it styled in a few different ways might help! xo

10. 6.3.16

both are adorable, but I love the leopard! looking forward to seeing what else y’all style 🙂

• 6.4.16
      Taylor said:

Thanks girl!! We’re looking to see if others would want to participate so if you or anyone you know is interested let us know! The more the merrier! xo

11. 6.3.16

Ah so cute! Love what you and Amanda did! I love both ways, but I always love a good wedge with a summer dress 🙂

• 6.4.16
      Taylor said:

Thanks gorgeous!! I had just bought these wedges (after searching for what seemed like forever) so I was wearing them! ha. xo

12. 6.6.16
    Chandler said:

You and Amanda are too cute. I love that y’all started this and I do love this palm print dress reminds me of a romper I got last year from Old Navy 🙂

13. 6.6.16

I love tropical print right now! Thanks for sharing!

Love, Lindsey

14. 6.7.16

I thought that palm print dress looked familiar! So fun that you guys teamed up to style it! It is palm print perfection!!

hugs, Christina