net-flix-ing sweatshirt (comes in 3 colors) which I think I need all 3!
A rainy Sunday funday? Date night in? Girl’s night in? Stayed home sick? Don’t feel like dealing with life? or just need a night/entire weekend to be lazy? I’ve got a list of my favorite shows to binge incase you need help finding a new show or old favorite to get wayyyy too invest in! It’s funny because I like to think of myself as a total people person aka a social butterfly but with that being said I am such a homebody. I love being out and about with friends but I equally love just staying at home in my own little bubble curled up on the couch or in my bed doing absolutely nothing. And truthfully until I moved in with Brian a little over a year ago I didn’t have a Netflix account….yes I know, I watched cable (gasp). Since moving in with him I have had my fair share of binge seshes none of which I’m at all ashamed of. As much as I love being curled up with a Harry Potter book (I just started reading the series for the first time & omg I love it! and yes I know they’re a children’s book but they’re so easy and fun to read) sometimes you just want to pop on the tv & just escape….that is until Netflix ask if you’re still which watching which obviously you are because who only watched 3 shows???
My list of favorite binge worthy shows is totally random and I know some might get a few eyerolls but hey it’s my queue. These are in no partial order, I’m just listing them as they come to mind!
- Pretty Little Liars – Brian absolutely loathes this show because he says the plot is so unrealistic….which it totally is but I still love it, even though I’ve seen each seen like 3 times.
- Gilmore Girls – It wasn’t until I heard about the most recent season A Year in the Life did I actually watch the series for the first time. I know, I know. Everyone I told that I had never seen it was totally shocked and I seriously don’t where I was or why I never watched it but I did and I loved it. PS I still want Rory & Logan to end up together….in my mind they are!
- Gossip Girl – I can watch over & over & over!
- Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt – When I saw that Erin from The Office (Ellie Kemper) was one of the leads in Kimmy I died, she’s so funny & just adorable and I absolutely ADORE/want to be BFF’s with Tituss.
- F R I E N D S – who doesn’t love Jennifer Aniston and wasn’t to drool over her hair for hours on end?! Friends is one of those shows that I’ve seen random episodes here and there on TV but I had never sat down and watched it from the beginning…I highly recommend it if you haven’t because it makes all those inside jokes make a little more sense.
- Narcos – This was totally a show that Brian suggested we watch but I have to admit it was super interesting and I totally got into it.
- The Crown – I knew I would like this series but I didn’t think I would love it….y’all it’s soooooo good and I cannot wait for season 2!
- House of Cards – This was another pick from Brian and I wasn’t expecting to like it but it was so good! It totally reminded me of like a boy version of Scandal, if that makes sense. I just love Kevin Spacey.
- Bob’s Burgers – a cartoon but even adults can’t help but laugh.
- Scandal – Shonda Rhimes is a genius and I love all of her series. Mystery, love & suspense = the perfect binge worthy show.
- Grey’s Anatomy – Probably one of my favorite shows of all time. And I have to say that I’m still not over Derek dying….I’m still not over it!!!
- Stranger Things – one word: YES! How long until Halloween when season 2 airs?! So. so. good!
- How to Get Away with Murder – Another Shonda Rhimes perfectly written jaw dropper.
- It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia – Literally LOL material
- The Office – LOL material
- Parks & Recreation – LOL material
- Friday Night Lights
- The O.C. – I never actually watched the last season (even though I own all of them) because I was so mad that Marissa was killed off. ha
- I Love Lucy – A total oldies but I love it & I remember watching it with my parents when I was younger.
- Making a Murderer – I love true crime shows so this one totally had me.
- American Crime Story: The People v. O.J. Simpson
- That 70’s Show – Is anyone super happy that Jackie & Kelso are together in real life?!
- American Horror Story – each season is good in it’s own right but my favorite is Coven.
- The Walking Dead – I never thought I would watch this show & I still don’t know what put me in the mood to try it but once I did I couldn’t stop.
- Breaking Bad – the most recent binge sesh I had and I’ve never been so sad that a show ended.
- Younger – I can’t wait for the new season to start in June. I love that Hillary Duff is in it….I’ve missed her since Lizzie McGuire
Next on my list to start watching is Mad Men! I’ve heard nothing but amazing things about it and hello, the fashion I’ve seen from bites and pieces is stunning!
Happy binging! & if you have any shows/movie series I need to watch please let me know!