pastels + the perfect straw tote

DSC_0430

DSC_0411

DSC_0408 1

DSC_0380 1

DSC_0382 1

DSC_0386 1

DSC_0412

DSC_0436

DSC_0374

I’ve been not he hunt for the perfect straw tote which was being a daunting task because even though I live basically at the beach a straw tote will always be need but I didn’t want to spend an arm and leg for one.  Let me rephrase that, if any of the ones I found fit all the requirements I had I would have actually spent the money but I always found something wrong with them.  I didn’t want one that was too big because I didn’t want to just use it as a beach tote, I already have a few of those carry-alls.  I didn’t want it to have a short handle because I wanted the option to throw it off my shoulder and I think the issue I was finding the hardest was to find just a plain straw bag.  No tassels or bedazzles or if they had it I wanted the option to remove them.  I love tassels but I don’t want them all the time.  I didn’t want a patterned tote I just wanted a simple straw bag, it was like finding a needle in a hay stack but I finally found one.  H&M of all places had this hidden gem and it’s under $30!

As you can assume, it’s now a staple in my summer wardrobe as are pastels and plaid, I mean duh it’s summer.  I have these shorts in I think every color made.  J.Crew makes the perfect light-weight shorts that are too freaking short and fit me perfectly.  And what summer outfit would be complete without a pair of Jacks 🙂

What are your summer staples??

plaid peplum | shorts | straw tote | sandals | monogram necklace

1. 5.18.16

oh goodness, I love that top! the hues are so pretty.

2. 5.18.16
    Abby said:

I am loving all the delicate pastels. Your shorts is my fave, though! I’ve been looking for shorts in this color, or mint perhaps.

Abby | Life in the Fash Lane

3. 5.18.16
    Anna said:

I think I buy a new straw tote every Summer and fall more and more in love with them with each purchase. I love the stripe lining! And can we talk about this adorable peplum tank? You are serious Summer perfection and killing in these looks lately! LOVE it! XO

Anna || A Lily Love Affair

4. 5.18.16
    Charlene said:

Your peplum top is so cute!! I love the pastels and plaid! You’ve got the perfect summer look going on!
    Charlene The Frugal Fashionista

5. 5.18.16
    Stephie said:

I am obsessing over your peplum top!!! Love how you mixed pastels <3

6. 5.19.16

That pastel top is so cute! I just bought a straw tote from Target the other day and I can’t wait to use it all Summer long!

xx,

7. 5.20.16

Ok…so I love pastels and you rock them so well! Your hair is the cutest, whether it’s straight or in a ponytail, you’re always the cutest! Your site loaded so quickly this time too so kudos on that 🙂 xx Adaleta Avdic

• 5.21.16
      Taylor said:

Thanks girl!!! And thank goodness it’s loading faster, it’s amazing how one little tweek can change everything! xoxo

8. 5.23.16

Great bag! I like that it isn’t decorated with all sorts of tassels – makes it more versatile!