beach basics

beach basics final 2

one | two | three | four | five | six | seven | eight | nine | ten

Happy Monday! What better way to kick off the week then not actually recognizing that the weekend has ended!  The temperature is starting to stay in the 70’s here which means that any free chance I get you can’t bet I’ll be on the beach (my house is 10 minutes away) 😉  I gathered all the basics you’ll need for the perfect beach day!

Screen Shot 2016-04-17 at 2.00.43 PMI say this about a lot of things but this fedora is literally my obsession right now! It’s from The Brooklyn Hat company which is you’ve been following along on my Instagram or with the blog then you’ve seen my floral fedora I wore in the fall, it’s from the same company.  If you’ve never heard of them you totally need to check them out, their hats are made so well and they fit great.  I know that may sound weird but sometimes when I get hats especially fedoras or beach hats sometimes they can be either too big or too small for my head…I like to think my head is average size so it always perplexes me as to who these giant hats fit!

Screen Shot 2016-04-17 at 2.15.11 PM

As I mention in my previous post, I’m currently using Ditto (click here to learn more) Iff you aren’t already signed up for Ditto or are skeptical about it use my code STYLEISEVERYTHING for a month free! These Karen Walkers were the first pair I received and I’m totally buying them…well I say that but I actually am going to try a few more style from KW and then decide which pair I’ll splurge on.

I think one of my most favorite things on my list besides sunscreen & chapstick (which if you know me then you know I HAVE to have sunscreen or else my lips will swell up, seriously I’m not kidding). It’s the weirdest thing because I’ve grown up on the beach my entire life but it wasn’t until maybe 5 years ago that my lips started having crazy allergic reactions to the sun.  Number ten gets a #10 in my book for most MVP! How amazing is it to get lost in a good book while catching a few rays as the waves crash on the shore in the background?! I know, it’s heaven on earth!

I just purchased Where’d You Go Bernadette, iff you’ve already read it I’d love to hear what you thought about it or if you have any other books I should put on my summer reading list I’d love to hear them!

Let the countdown to summer begin!

1. 4.18.16
    preeti said:

love these picks, esp that bag and the suit! sun bum is the best!

xoxo, Preeti

• 4.18.16
      Taylor said:

It wasn’t until like a year ago that I discovered sun bum but it’s amazing!

2. 4.18.16

yes please!! love all of these. bernadette was good, but i was slightly disappointed by it. I thought gone girl was better.

• 4.18.16
      Taylor said:

Ohhhh maybe I need to put gone girl on my summer reading list!

3. 4.18.16

These are allll definitely lovely & necessities without a doubt! I just got a cute new bikini from Victoria’s Secret so I’m excited to rock it 😉 xx adaatude.com

4. 4.18.16

Love all your picks, especially the bag and the swim suit!

Xx,

5. 4.18.16
    Nidhi said:

I literally just bought “Where’d You Go Bernadette,” so excited to read it! I wish I could just take the book and a blanket to the beach and lay out all week long. HA wishful thinking!
    xx
    An Unblurred Lady

6. 4.18.16
    Charlene said:

Great picks!! I love that cover up! I haven’t read that book yet, I will have to add it to my list!
    Charlene The Frugal Fashionista

7. 4.18.16
    Channing said:

Great round up – love the towel and bikini top!

8. 4.19.16
    Jessica said:

These are all fantastic!! I love that beach bag especially!

9. 4.19.16
    Cara said:

sunbum is the best!! I also NEED that bag- the pom poms are so cute!

• 4.20.16
      Taylor said:

I can’t believe it took me so long to discover sun bum but now there’s no turning back!

10. 4.20.16

That pom tote and that hat!! ADORE!! Also, how do you make your collages? They’re perfection! I love the clean design!!

hugs, Christina

Christina | Fashion & Frills

• 4.28.16
      Taylor said:

I usually use Polyvore but recently I bought Adobe Photoshop and that’s what I used to make this one! I love the way it looks but it took me forever to create it because I wasn’t familiar with the program. If you haven’t used it before I watched videos to help me!

11. 4.21.16

I need that towel and tote! Thanks for sharing!