tunic dress

Happy 1st day of July!! I seriously can’t believe it’s already July, I feel like I was just bundled up by the Christmas tree daydreaming about summer.  Trying to stay cool in the summer heat is always a challenge if your dress code doesn’t involve a bikini.  Dresses are always the best and easiest go-to during spring and summer, it’s one piece and bam you’re dressed. I’ve had this perfect boho tunic dress from Fevrie that if you follow me on Instagram then you’ve already seen it but I’ve been wanting to put in on the blog but a simple closet selfie wouldn’t do it justice, it needed the full photoshoot to capture how perfect and carefree it made me feel!

I jumped on the opportunity when my best friend turned photosphere asked if I would help her build her portfolio for her photography business she just started Brandi Arlene Photography.  Who wouldn’t want their photographer to be one of there best friends who you automatically feel comfortable with?! Ugh duh, it was a no brainer.  Brandi has shot just about all of my photos for my blog but this boho photoshoot was the first official shoot with her for her new business and it was seriously the most fun I’ve had….did I mention we had wine?

Wine + your bestie + photoshoot = the perfect shooting!

DSCN0157-2

I don’t know about y’all but I’m totally obsessed with this backpack, the pockets are what made me fall in love!! I actually bought it months ago for my trip to Europe but I couldn’t wait, I wanted to use it because it’s gorgeous and I’m totally into the backpack trend right now!

p.s.  I totally felt more comfortable not only with my bestie behind the lens but when I was acting silly and jumping around….at one point I was leaping like I was flying, is that weird? Being serious is just not in the cards for me, candids are my best friend and Brandi totally captures the most perfect ones!

Y’all be sure to check out Brandi’s online gallery & follow her on Instagram! I promise y’all won’t disappointed!!

1. 7.1.15
    Dana said:

Ah love this look! You’re so right, dresses are the EASIEST thing to wear in the summer!

Pink Champagne Problems

2. 7.1.15
    Karen said:

LOVE a tunic dress and this one is so great! I so need to check out Fevrie! The backpack goes perfectly with the vibe, too! And how funny – wine + photos! Love it! xx, Karen // Glam Karen

3. 7.1.15

um can I join in on the shoot next time? That DOES sound just like the perfect shoot!! So cute. Hope you have a good long weekend:)
    Elle

4. 7.1.15

That tunic dress is adorable on you!! And I just love this photoshoot! Great job!! <3

5. 7.1.15

Two amazing things about this post 1) the tunic dress – I love the embroidery and 2) that you have a BFF photographer in your pocket. The photos are great – I love the variety! Sportsanista

6. 7.1.15

That jumping shot is the cutest thing! I also LOVE this backpack and how they’re catching on – so practical! Congrats on landing a photographer bestie, it’s going to be awesome!
    xx, Victoria
    memphismadeblog.com

7. 7.1.15

LOVE tunic dresses! That black and red combo is killer!! xoxo

8. 7.1.15
    Brenda said:

What a fun photo shoot! I need t head over to Fevrie soon and get some goodies. I was eyeing this dress in particular (twinsies!)

You look super cute and I am seriously thinking about a backpack – these cross-body bags have me walking lopsided 😀

xoxo
    Brenda
    À LA PLAGE style

9. 7.1.15
    Nickie said:

I know exactly what you mean! It’s awkward with a stranger. But when I have my boyfriend or bestie or sister take my pics, it’s so fun and carefree!! Love the tunic dress… so boho adorable!

xoxo. Nickie of http://www.nickieanddime.com

10. 7.1.15

This is so cute! Having a photographer you feel comfortable with, it makes it all that more fun! I love this look and you’re gorgeous!

Xo,

Brittany || Pretty & Sassy

11. 7.1.15

That backpack is amazing girlie. I am loving the color. It is perfect for summer. I was on the lookout for a great one for my cancun trip, thanks for sharing this. Also, totally sharing your love for tunics. I just did a post with the most amazing polka dotted tunic!

12. 7.1.15
    Ellen said:

Love that tunic! And how great is that red bag?! Looking fabulous, Taylor!

Ellen | A Pop of Pink

13. 7.2.15
    Elle Nel said:

That tunic looks super comfortable! I can see myself wearing that anywhere this summer!
    Have courage,
    Elle | http://www.elleword.com

14. 7.2.15

How fun she started a photography business!? You are perfect to help her… wish her lots of luck!