polka dot skirt

Ok so I have to admit that I’m typically not a pencil skirt wearing kind of girl, I’m rather short so I’ve always felt like I look like an awkward little turtle in them.  I don’t know if it was the polka dots or the cute little bow detail on the waist that drew me in but there was something about this Shabby Apple dotted doll that totally changed my mind on the whole pencil skirt world.  So I fall in love with the idea of a pencil skirt but to style it became a challenge.  My closet looked like a damn war zone while I was trying to get dressed, I was having one of those I hate everything moments.  The struggle was so beyond real, I hated every top and the amount of shoes I tried on was slightly embarrassing.  Who those of you ladies who can rock a pencil skirt and wear flats I envy you because this girl absolutely cannot, my little legs are just too short!  Every time I put on a button down I looked like a little girl who was trying to look like their mom for dress up day in elementary school, it was terrible.  I tried to draw inspiration from my jewelry, no such luck so I turned to my handbags and I saw one of my favorite little leopard bag and hit me, stick with what you know Taylor, be you.  I thought the mixed combo of leopard + polka dots was totally my signature little stamp I need to make this look more me.  I decided instead of trying to keep the pencil skirt dressy and business-like I wanted to dress it down.  I threw on a this adorable flutter sleeved t-shirt (that I must mention I bought in like 3 colors) and through on some comfy wedges, the look was totally me, comfy + chic!

I always like to plan out outfits in my head, it’s totally a gamble because sometimes like with this skirt your vision can totally not wok out.  I had a whole outfit picked out in my head around this skirt, thought it would turn out just wonderful…epic fail is what it was.  Pattern play is totally my go-to me thing that I go to when I can’t seem to make something work.

skirt | top | wedges

1. 6.29.15
    Karen said:

Ok – I am still laughing at the “war zone” comment because that is SO my closet/room when I am struggling to find something to wear! haha! And you look SO cute in that polka dot skirt from Shabby Apple! Love how you created the entire look… very pretty and you look amazing! xx, Karen // Glam Karen

2. 6.29.15
    Nickie said:

Love that skirt. You’re right I think it’s the polka dots and bow detail that got me! I love that you stayed true to your unique style and dressed it down! The outfit came together so well and I love it, especially mixing the prints!

xoxo, Nickie of http://www.nickieanddime.com

3. 6.29.15
    Brooke said:

I like this skirt dressed down! Also, where did you get your bag??? LOVE it!

Brooke | KBStyled

4. 6.29.15

I LOVE this outfit on you!! Those polka dots and leopard print are adorable!! <3

5. 6.29.15

Those polka dots are precious! They add a great air of youthfulness to a very grown-up silhouette!
    xx, Victoria

6. 6.29.15

you are so NOT awkward in that adorable skirt- you should wear them more often. I love the color scheme because you can wear it matchy matchy or spruce it up with color pops and be adorable either way:)
    Elle

7. 6.29.15
    Katey said:

That skirt is adorable and looks great on you! The bow on the side is an added bonus! So cute. There are some days my closet ends up that way too!
    Katey

8. 6.29.15

Such a gorgeous skirt! Love the bow detail on the side!!

9. 6.29.15
    Chandler said:

So stinkin’ cute in your polka dot pencil skirt!

10. 6.29.15

Love this polka dot skirt! It turned out great on you! 🙂

XO,

11. 6.30.15
    Samantha said:

I have a fear of pencil skirts too! I’m short as well but you’re rocking this girl!

12. 6.30.15

You weren’t kidding – this is the perfect polka dot skirt! It looks amazing on you!! Sportsanista

13. 6.30.15

OMG I am both pencil skirt and polka dot obsessed, so this post was right up my alley!! I need that skirt in my closet! LOVE!

xo, Christina

Fitness & Frills

14. 7.2.15

You look absolutely adorable; seriously, everytime you smile I am so happy because you’ve got a beautiful smile. This is a lovely outfit & I’m loving the sassiness I can feel from it! xx

15. 7.2.15

this skirt is adorable. file it under things i need asap! the dots are so cute and so are YOU!

16. 7.2.15

I have always felt the same way about pencil skirts! I just felt like my legs looked super short!! But this pencil skirt looks AMAZING on you!! And I love the polka dots 🙂

Shabby Apple is the best!

X0,
    Emily

17. 7.7.15
    Brenda said:

That is the cutest skirt! I need more polka dots in my life…STAT!

xoxo